After 41 Years
It feels great to be
Last year we installed over 1,800 RF systems, becoming the second largest RF company in the U.S. And being number two is just fine with us.
Our overhead is smaller than the number one’s, which means our prices are lower, too. We don’t have many layers of management, so we stay closer to the customer. And since we are not a public company, we don’t focus on Wall Street – we focus on delivering First Time Right™ for you.
After 41 years, we still don’t aim to be number one in size. Instead, we are committed to being number one in reliability, quality and responsiveness. And if you ask our clients, we are already there.
Nationwide Deployment, Service and Support
With thousands of successful system installations over the years (1,800 in 2017 alone), CONTROLTEK has established itself as one of the most reliable systems deployment companies in the U.S. Trusted by retailers large and small, we offer structured delivery, full transparency and nationwide infrastructure. Our First Time Right program boasts 95% success rate, and 81% of service calls are resolved remotely without the need to dispatch a technician to the location.
Cutting-Edge Technology Made Accessible
Through our partnership with Nedap, Europe’s premier manufacturer of EAS and RFID systems, we are able to offer LP technologies that set the benchmark for the ease of use, detection rate, design and analytics. To help you the get the ROI that you expect, we also offer ROI analysis and documentation, associate training and can work directly with your IT department to ensure compliance with your organization’s policies and procedures.
High Performing EAS and RFID Tags and Labels
CONTROLTEK offers a wide selection of hard tags and labels for a variety of product protection uses. Our tags and labels distinguish themselves by their high detection rate, ease of use, sturdy construction and budget-friendliness.
World Class Distribution
Our fulfillment center boasts over one million square feet, enabling us to hold in stock more products and to ship them quicker than anyone in the industry. In fact, for many of our customers, we hold in stock several months’ worth of mission-critical items so that we can ship on moment’s notice anywhere in the world. Our Client Services Team is organized around our customers – each organization we serve has a dedicated representative who ensures that orders are fulfilled smoothly and any issues are resolved quickly.
- 2018 Emerging Trends in Cyber Risk for Retail - (This article originally appeared in Loss Prevention Magazine) LP Magazine‘s columnist Tom Meehan, CFI, shares his top five predictions for cyber risks retailers can expect in 2018: 1. Ransomware attacks will increase in 2018 and will become more sophisticated. Ransomware has been more prevalent in the past two years. In the first quarter of 2017 Read More
- How to Become a Subject-Matter Expert - (This article originally appeared in Loss Prevention Magazine) Work experience doesn’t necessarily mean you are a subject-matter expert. It could mean you know more than some people. A true subject-matter expert (SME) must have deep understanding of a particular process, function, or technology; must have studied the field; and must have spent hundreds—even thousands—of hours Read More
- Three Types of Social Engineering That Keep Coming after Retailers - (This article originally appeared in Loss Prevention Magazine) When you think of hacking, breaches, or cyber security, what do you think of? Probably software or technology. We often forget the human side. But humans continue to play a big role. In fact, more than half of breaches and cyber-security events start with a human error Read More
- CONTROLTEK’s Popular FlatGuard™ Tag Receives an Upgrade - SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., (February 15, 2018) – FlatGuard™, the world’s first EAS tag for small leather goods, has received an upgrade expanding its range of uses. According to Tom Meehan, CONTROLTEK’s Chief Strategy Officer, the new version of the tag will have a stronger outer shell to accommodate placement on jackets, in addition to its Read More
- CONTROLTEK Launches New Website Ahead of NRF Big Show - SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., (January 16, 2018) – CONTROLTEK, an emerging leader in retail product protection, launched a new website showcasing EAS and RFID tags, systems and consulting services designed to help loss prevention teams reduce shrink and increase work efficiencies.
- CONTROLTEK’s Steve Sell and Tom Meehan Present the Future of Cash Tracking at ICCOS Conference in Miami - Together with Carrie Wilkie from GS1 and Brand Elverston from Elverston LLC, Steve and Tom gave the conference attendees a preview of the changes coming to cash in transit in the near future. They illustrate the present state of cash in transit with a simple analogy: one can easily track a pizza order on one’s Read More