With the influx of customers during the holiday months, most businesses’ have taken measures to be certain their existing inventory strategies are well thought-out, and that their stores are well prepared for the added security and other inventory protection needs that come with the holiday season. All of this preparation is designed to ensure the retail stores are operating on all cylinders in order to successfully meet the demands of the holidays, while preventing losses due to theft. But what happens when the holidays are over? How can retailers ensure that all of their pre-holiday “best practice” efforts transcend throughout the entire next year?
To help prevent thefts from occurring, and to provide legitimate customers with the best shopping experience possible, we’ve created a checklist for all retail stores not only for the lead-up to the holiday shopping rush, but to use throughout the year. Take a look at this list to see if all of these things are in place:
- Product tagging system: The holiday rush provides exactly the kind of hectic shopping environment that thieves love to take advantage of. If your store doesn’t have an EAS tagging system in place, what’s preventing shoplifters from just walking out the door with merchandise amid the crowd of shoppers? CONTROLTEK’s line of EAS Tags offers stores a robust arsenal of tagging solutions for every product type, for every day of the year.
- Prepared staff: Are your employees ready to not only provide stellar customer service this shopping season and beyond, but also to help weed out potential shoplifters? For asset protection, it’s vital to equip all employees with the skills and technology to help deter shoplifters.
- Top-tier inventory oversight: If there’s ever a time that a particular item in your store is going to sell out quickly, it’s during the holiday season. The frequency with which purchases are made over the holiday months means that inventory managers have to elevate their oversight. Otherwise, the store could get a reputation as the place that never has the items customers want. Stopping this issue from happening means taking steps to refine inventory control to a process that runs like a well-oiled machine. This includes:
- Harnessing RFID active inventory control software to provide store leaders with an up-to-date picture of a business’s inventory.
- Using handheld RFID readers to make inventory scanning a highly expedient process.
- Ensuring a strong line of communication between leaders at the store and those at product stocking sites. By doing this, stocking requests can be more quickly fulfilled as popular items fly off the shelves.
- Cash transfer solutions in place: More customers mean a lot more cash in the registers, and stores will have to look into their currency transfer methods as the need to safely handle cash inflow increases. When it comes to store deposits and cash transfers, retail deposit bags from CONTROLTEK provide retailers with a highly secure means of transferring cash for deposit. Among the features included with these bags are tampering protection and robust sealing technology. Check out CONTROLTEK’s tamper-evident bags
Considering that we’ve been open since 1976, CONTROLTEK has seen its fair share of holiday shopping seasons, as well as the challenges retailers face on a daily basis. While the shopping landscape has changed in the past 30 years, the need to maintain a high level of inventory protection hasn’t. That’s why we’ve designed Inventory Security Solutions (ISS) that are built to meet the security needs of today’s stores and put retailers in the best possible position to be more profitable as the holidays approach…and throughout the year.